CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tagged! My Layers..

OK, my last few posts have been categorised as "downers" so today I'm changing the mood. Being stuck at home, I don't have much to blog happily about (other than the kids) so I'm taking the easy route and doing this blog tag Halwafy gave me.

ps: Noresh, I know I owe you the "6 weird things" tag but this one was much easier to do than yours. I'll do yours soon, promise, :D.

OK, so here it is.

Layer One: On the Outside

Name: Along. Not my real name but I've been called this since I was born (my parents were sure I wasn't going to be the only child). Even my classmates, teachers, officemates and bosses know me by this name. Sometimes when people call me by my real name, I buat dunno. Terforgot. Hahahaha...
Birthdate: 15th May, 1976. Taurus, don't mess with me, I'll ram you with my horns. Hahaha..
Current status: Married with two daughters.
Eye color: Dark brown
Hair Color: Black, with some stray white hairs in between. Arghh, getting old!!
Righty or Lefty: Righty

Layer Two: On the Inside

My heritage: Pure Malay, which a lot of people don't believe. They always ask if either of my parents are Arab or from the Middle East. My dad's side has some Bugis blood (explains my "hot blood temper", hehe) and my mom's Minangkabau + Mainland China. So I really don't see where this Middle East thing comes from.
My fears: Anything bad happening to my family.
My Weaknesses: Too many to list down. I know I have a long way to go to become a perfect wife, mother and muslim.
My perfect pizza: Papa John. What kept me alive during my Uni years. Luurrvvveee the sauce!!

Layer Three: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

My thoughts first thing when I wake up: Nowadays, it's "has hubby and Kaklong gone to work/school yet?" Previously it was, "cuti ke arini?"
My bedtime: I'm an owl. I can stay up with a good book until 2-3am. Hubby always goes to bed earlier than I do (unless I'm sick).
My most missed memory: My Uni years. As stressful as they could get, I just loved travelling during the holidays. I miss those days!!

Layer Four: My picks

Pepsi or Coke: Coke. Especially Vanilla Coke.
Mc Donald's or Burger King: Whichever my kids feel like eating at. I really don't have any preferences.
Single or Group Dates: Group dates in the beginning. If I like the guy enough, then it's on to single dates.
Adidas or Nike: Whichever is cheaper and more comfortable to wear. I am not a brand whore, unlike my brothers!!!
Tea or Nestea: Tea - ask my colleagues. I always order hot lemon tea when we eat out for lunch.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate. The darker the better.
Cappuccino or Coffee: Coffee (and the likes) gives me constipation. So, nada.

Layer Five: Do I

Smoke: Used to (I was young and stupid). But quit cold turkey after my aunt caught me and threatened to tell my parents.
Curse: Hell yeah. I've laid off swearing quite a bit since I became a mother but once in a while, some foul word will escape my lips.
Take a shower: Yeah, my bathrooms are micromini that a bathtub can't fit.
Have a crush: I love Edward Norton!!!
Think I've Been In love: I wouldn't have married hubby if I wasn't madly in love with him. So, yes.
Go to school: No. Thank god. Hahaha.
Want to get married: Over and done with.
Believe in myself: Yes, to a point, but not enough to make some drastic changes in my life that I really want to.
Think I'm a health freak: Not really but I'm working on that. After confinement, TAEBO, here I come again!!

Layer Six: In the past month

Drank alcohol: No, never have, never will.
Gone to the mall: No!!! Having been in 2 months.
Been on stage: No.
Eaten Sushi: Am not a big fan. Would eat it if someone belanja me, but I wouldn't spend my own money to buy it.
Dyed your hair: No, hubby doesn't like any part of me to be artificial. Hahahaha..so I guess plastic surgery is out too.

Layer Seven: Have I ever

Played a stripping game: Oh my god. I confess, YES!! Actually it was Strip Uno (don't laugh) and of course I played it with hubby. Will not reveal who is the Ultimate Champion. Hahaha..
Changed who I am to fit in: I tend to be sensitive to other people so while I'm usually a bit loud and fouled mouth with close friends, I mellow down with people I've just met or are not accustomed to such "wildness". So I still be myself, just the mellow kind.

Layer Eight: Age

I am hoping to be married: Done at 25 years old.

Layer Nine:

What was I doing1 min ago: Watched Spongebob Squarepants with the girls. Doing this tag.
1 hour ago: Playing Play-Doh with the girls.
4.5 hours ago: Watching Oprah reruns.
1 month ago: I think I was either sick at home, or sick in the hospital.
1 year ago: Cannot remember. Will have to check my older posts.

Layer Ten: Finish The Sentence

I love: hubby and my girls.
I feel: bored at the moment. Yet dreading the day I have to go back to work.
I hate: A lot of things. Ahaks. My Hate List is here.
I hide: my sadness from hubby. He doesn't know this, but since....I've cried myself to sleep nearly every night.
I need: to take care of my health better. I intend to be there for my kids and their kids too (and their kids too, Insya'allah).

Layer Eleven:

Tag 5 people

Aiseh...a lot of people have already been tagged by this tag, so whoever feels like doing it, just go ahead and do so. Let me know if you do in my comments section and I'll come to your blog to check it out.

7 comments:

Halwafy said...

I've read this tag on a couple of blogs and when someone says 'Malay' it always means he/she has a rojak heritage...

Guess that's the only way 'malay' can be defined kot..huh?

moby said...

I did this tag! Woohooo!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Along, come accros yr blog from MAndeh's blog. Trend dah kot asyik tag mentag jer bloggers. Anyway enjoy reading yr blog..and I also a Taurian just that my birthday is on the labour day..1st May.

dillazag said...

Along --> Agreed. I think this tag is so much easier to do. I still owe halwafy the weird tag.. heh heh heh *shhh.. don't tell her, yeah?*
BTW, Liza Nordeen kirim salam kat korang-korang semua..

Halwafy said...

dilla: hey..takpelah..tag tu mmg susah sikit..just forget about it if you don't wanna do it..:)

ummi said...

Hi Along,
I think your blog is way cool. I enjoyed reading it.Will keep visiting, promise...

http://thisisummislegacy.blogspot.com/index.html

Along said...

halwafy: What is pure Malay anyway? I guess the rojakness make us Malays unique.

Moby: Yep, thanks. Already checked ur blog out.

Anna-M: Thanks for visiting. Go Tauruses!!

Dilla: Eh, mana contact Liza? Keng salam balik yer...tq.

Ummi: Thanks for visiting. Will check out ur blog very soon.