I don't want to think about it.
I don't want to cry over it.
I just want to lie down and sleep.
I can't function. I have no mood.
There's nothing I can do but wait. Wait and see.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I don't want to think about it.
Friday, September 19, 2008
We have caught the mouse!!!
Hubby was late coming home last night so Enon and myself decided to take things into our own hands. Ibu had brought us the mouse trap, complete with some dried fish as bait.
Indeed, after only half an hour of setting the trap, we heard the cage being rattled.
SUCCESS!! Or as Kathy Bates's character in The Waterboy would say, DINNER!!
Both of us were too chicken to actually go and check out the trap so we waited for hubby. When he got home, hubby took to the girls to check out the trap.
"Ibu!! There's a mouse in the cage. It's soooo cute!!!"
Yeah, I don't think so. I crept upstairs to see the mouse myself.
OK, I guess it wasn't as disgusting as I thought it would be. It was rather small and thin and was trying with all its might to bite its way out of the cage.
Then I saw it. The tail. The long, thin, squirming tail. It must have been 700 meters long, I dunno, I might be exaggerating but that's how long it seemed to me.
"Ok, you bring the trap outside while I'll prepare the bucket of water", I told hubby.
Hubby looked at me as if I had grown devil horns.
"You want to kill the mouse?"
"Well, duh. what do you want to do, adopt it? We have to kill it. *whispered* It knows where we live."
Again hubby looked at me like I was crazy. "I'll throw it outside. It won't be back."
Enter unnecessary panic mode. "How do you know it won't be back. It will smell its way back. If you don't want to kill it, then throw it far, far away."
"Ok, fine. Give me my car keys."
Now I don't know if hubby actually drove far away enough or if he just made a turn around the block very slowly but I'm happy to say since this morning, there have been no more mouse sightings.
But we still have the mouse trap set, just in case.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Why haven't I updated my blog in a week? Things haven't been that busy.
Why is the guard announcing the Ramadhan sale downstairs for the umpteenth time? I heard you the first time, and I'm still not going!! Just give it up dude.
Why am I like the only one who has not yet seen The Dark Knight? This totally sucks. I thought someone was going to give me free tickets, alas, that didn't come through. Is the DVD out yet?
Why am I more freaked out about Dania losing another tooth than she is? She's growing up too fast. Someone, make her stop!!
Why does Dina like to sing that "hungry fish" song from Dibo the Gift Dragon? Now it's constantly in my head. Sometimes, I find myself humming it unconsciously. This is so annoying. This happened with that darn Teletubbies song when Dania was little. "Tingky Winky....dipsy....ARGGHHHH!!!!"
Why am I so anxious over the good things that have happened these past few days? It's like I feel I'm not deserving and that God is going to take everything back any second now. I refuse to celebrate because of this feeling.
Why am I looking forward AND dreading to our moving day? I love the fact we're starting anew and the girls are getting their own room and that the neighbourhood and schools would be better (I hope). I hate the fact I have find boxes and pack everything and then find a (reliable) mover and then unpack everything. Life would be so much better if I had magic powers like Samantha from Bewitched or Harry Potter. Maybe not Harry, Hermoine would be a better choice.
Why did management decide to decorate the halls with mega movie posters? Now everytime I come through the door, I'm greeted first by that HUGE face of Mike Myers from Love Guru look. Not really a fun way to start the day. Were there no posters of Edward Norton's The Incredible Hulk?!! Seriously, some people have no taste.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Due to the high demand for our services, IREE Touch is looking to hire!
Join the ladies of IREE Touch and discover an exciting career opportunity! We're in the business of Post Natal Home Care Services, Wellness & Beauty Care and we're always on the look out for promising new talent to join our team.
If you've had experience with any of the following, then you could be the person we are looking for:
* Massage: Ante/Post Natal Massage (Bidan), Traditional Malay Massage (Urut), Reflexology, Relaxation.
* Body Work: Scrubs, Wraps, Masks, Jacuzzi, Slimming...
* Skin Care: Facials, Foot Bath and Scrub, Manicures, Pedicures...
No Experience? Don't worry, if you've got a winning personality, a good attitude, an attractive appearance and physically fit, then we'll provide you with serious training in the skills and techniques you'll need to succeed at IREE Touch.
For all staff, we offer attractive commissions and/or basic salaries, benefits (annual leave, medical care, etc.) and a great incentive scheme based on your success at IREE Touch.
Interested? Then call our center at 03-8063 3603 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you for an immediate interview! Kindly provide us with your full name and contact details in your email.
We look forward to welcoming you here at IREE Touch!
Monday, September 08, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Heather tagged me. And when Heather does that, you better find the time to answer her call. Because she is one baddass chick. And I say that with all the love in the world.
Here be the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I can't stand/eat instant noodles. Even if I eat it accidentally (what? it's happened before), I immediately throw up. I think this is due to the fact that when I was growing up, my parents were really poor. Everyday before going to work, my dad would give my mom 50 cents (or less to buy food. The cheapest thing around back then (and even now I think) was instant noodles. You know, Maggee Mee. Everyday my mom would feed me that while she ate sugar cane. Yes, sugar cane. So now, all that ajinomoto has caused me to become sensitive to even the smell of instant noodles.
2. I wear clothes that I've had since my school days. To work. These are clothes that are 16 years old. They're not even torn so I always tell myself why spend money on clothes when I have lots that still fit. My mom nags me about this all the time. She thinks I shouldn't wear clothes that are so outdated. Daaahh! Nobody's hassled me about it at work but my officemates do notice it when I wear something new.
3. I don't like wearing jewellery. The only ones I wear are my wedding ring, my anniversary ring, my very thin anniversary necklace (which I never take off) and my tiny earrings. I don't wear bracelets or bangles. I don't have any other rings and the only other necklace I have is something my mom passed down to me, which I wear only for functions and during raya. I would hardly even spend money to buy jewellery for myself. Yet another thing my mom bugs me about.
4. I don't like to cook (hate is too strong a word because sometimes when I'm in the mood, I can cook up a storm) but I love to bake. During my Uni days, my idea of getting rid of stress would be to bake a cake. Any cake, it didn't matter. Then I would call the guys to help eat it.
5. I love travelling but I hate the journey getting there. It's not so bad when we're travelling by car (flat butt syndrome) but it's pretty bad when we have to fly somewhere. When you've seen one cloud, you've seen them all. This is probably one reason why I'll never set foot in the USA again (other than since 9-11, it's really hard getting a visa) coz I would just go crazy, sitting in a plane for 30 hours or so. I'll go maybe when they've invented the teleport machine. Travel in 2 seconds or less.
6. I get bored easily. I'm already bored doing this meme. Hehe. It takes a lot to maintain my interest in anything, which is why hubby is such an extraordinary guy. Hah!!
ok, next step...tag 6 other people to do the same meme. It's already 630pm, just 1 more hour till break fast. So I'm going to randomly point my finger at links on my blogroll.
So, you guys can do the meme...or not. No pressure, I won't kill you. Unlike Heather.
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Today was yet another tired day at the office. Add to the fact that we all didn't wake up for sahur, the office was freezing. REALLY FREEZING!! I felt my veins shrinking. Is that possible? Tomorrow I'm bring socks. And maybe my gloves if I can find them. How hard is it to type with gloves on your hands? It's the raining season, for crying out loud, do they really have to put the aircon on full blast?!! Grrr...
I knew the kids would love it because they love any kind of mee. I called home to ask Enon to defrost the chicken and bought the rest of the stuff at the grocery store on the way home.
Since both Enon and I were first timers at cooking mee bandung from scratch, we followed the recipe closely. Since we were both fasting, we couldn't really taste the soup until it was time to break fast.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
I had to wait until hubby was home to see this movie because the girls wanted to watch it as a whole family. Fortunately it was still showing in the theaters. Eventhough it was quite last minute, we managed to get tickets at Pyramid, only because they weren't showing it anymore at IOI (our usual movie lurking ground).
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Ramadhan is upon us again. Syukur, we get to enjoy fasting during this holy month. Alhamdulillah, panjang umur.
Dania is fasting this year for the first time. On the first day, she fasted until 2pm. Then because her sister karate-chopped her stomach, she ate a little to ease the pain and continued fasting. Those were her exact words. Whether or not that actually happened, I have no idea since I was out with my mom at the time.
Today Dania fasted until 5pm. An improvement!! I'm just really happy she's excited about Ramadhan and really wants to try fasting. Fortunately it's really easy to wake her up for sahur.
I still need to get into the fasting groove. Working in a freezer-like office is double whammy; I'm sleepy, hungry and freezing. Make that a triple whammy!!
So, to help everyone who's fasting (including me) to forget about hunger pangs and concentrate on the real reason for Ramadhan, here's a visual aid for assistance.
ps: NSFW. Scroll down at your own risk. Do not look for more than 2 seconds. Heeeee...
pps: Happy fasting everyone!!