CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Have No Face...To Book

Everyone's been bugging me to open up a facebook account. Arrghhh, as if I need more methods for people to bug me. I don't get what's with the fascination of facebook. I looked at it once and it totally turned me off. Do you really need 167 "friends" in your life? Or more importantly, who has time for 167 friends nowadays anyway.

My gal pals have been telling me facebook is the way to communicate nowadays. YM is soooo yesterday according to them. Huh, I think I'll just stick to YM. For one thing, I only have to add people I know to my contact list. Plus my profile isn't out there for the world to read.

I don't need to find people who have the same interests as me. I already know who these people are. I don't need to reconnect with people who I haven't met for 20 years. If we were such good friends, we would have stayed in touch. Yeah, maybe it would be nice to see old friends again but truth to be told, after 20 years, what would we have in common anymore other than previously sharing a crush on our Mathematics teacher?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being anti social here. Nor am I judging those who are into facebook. Hey, whatever rocks your boat, alright? I'm content to stay here on my little island with my selected group of friends and drink pineapple juice. Heeee...

4 comments:

Idham Idris said...

What about for professional reasons? Say you want to promote that thing you have ... ;)

moby said...

Facebook is so last month. Try telepathy to communicate. That's the wave of the future! And I already know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "ape aje lah si Moby ni ....".

Along said...

jayen: I would rather use my blog or other means of targetted advertising. But I understand those that use facebook to promote services like photography and stuff...that's cool.

moby: hahahaha...telepathy ah? I bet you'll be the 1st one to try that...guess what I'm thinking right now?

Aapitz said...

Along... silalah update blog anda..aku dah tag ko, check kat blog aku eks...ehehehee