Friday, June 25, 2010

Hong Kong Trip - Day 4

Aren't you guys bored yet with my HK trip? Hahahaha...lantak la yer..this is for my personal agenda. When I'm old and drooling, I can look back on these memories and smile.

OK, so Day 4. We're off to Disneyland!! We checked out from the Citadines at around 11am, after breakfast and everything. Since we had so many bags, we decided to hire one cab so my dad and Azad could bring the big bags to the Disney Hotel while the rest of us took the MTR. Luckily Joey (the receptionist) was there and she got us a deal with the cab driver; HKD180 for 2 people and all the bags they could fit in. Dina and Daria waiting for everyone in the lobby. Vogue gitu!

Once we saw my dad and Azad off, we all headed to the MTR station. From there we got off at Central, then changed lines to the Tung Chung line. We got off at Sunny Bay station and waited for the Disneyland Resort line.
Dania at one of the shops in Central station.
The Disney MTR was really special. The windows were the shape of Mickey's ears. Even the hand holders were shaped as so.
Camwhore moment with my cousin, Aina.
My aunt carried Daria to explore the MTR. It was filled with Disney memorabillia.
We've arrived at the Disneyland Resort station!!
We headed to the hotel first as we wanted to put our bags in the lobby. From the station, we walked a short distance to the resort bus station. Even the shuttle buses were Disney themed. The kids were getting excited by the minute!!
Once we had checked in our bags (they had a very efficient system in place. Since we could only check into our rooms after 3pm, they allow us to put our bags into storage so we could go ahead and visit the park), we took the resort shuttle bus back to the park. we come!!!
Taking a photo before entering the park. You can see Mickey surfing on top of that whale. Cool! Another picture before entering the park. If you read the reviews, yes, the park attendants do check your bags for food and drinks. However, it's not like the customs at the airports; they just ask you to open your bag and basically they're checking for weapons or other illegal stuff. We did bring in some water bottles and biscuits and told them they were for the kids (plus baby). The attendants were very considerate and allowed us to enter.
As soon as we headed down Main Street, a band was getting ready to play.
Since it was almost 2pm, the first order of business was to find some food. We looked at the map to find any halal restaurant; unfortunately there were none. However, we did find a restaurant on Main Street that sold fish and chips...excellent! They also had seafood ramen and ...wait for it...Penang Laksa!! However be sure to ask if any of the food has meat in it; the laksa did so we asked them to only put in seafood. I think the name of the restaurant was Corner Cafe; it's located on the right far end of Main Street.
Daria enjoying her fish and chips. Ahhh...bestnya!
A few minutes after we finished our meal, it was time for Mickey's WaterWorks Parade. They had split the routes into dry zones and wet zones. Of course, me and my cousins all rushed to the wet zones...apa best dok tempat kering je..tak thrill la! Here's Buzz Lightyear with his super duper water pistols. Goofy!!
Minnie!! And I think some of the guards from Alice in Wonderland.
The princesses and their...perfume bottles? Anyway, they were mighty popular, everyone was shouting for them and taking their pictures.Mickey!! And his water machine that totally drenched me and Aina as we sat on the sidewalk. Haha!Woody and Jessie! We were prepared to get soaked by those hoses held by the soldiers...tipu je..they were actually vacuums!! Haha!

After the parade ended, we headed off to Adventureland. It was nearly time for The Lion King show so we lined up for that. It had also started to drizzle so we all huddled under huts while we waited for the auditorium doors to open. The show was fantastic; even Daria was impressed with the giant elephant (robots, of course) and the monkeys and of course, Simba. The show as done in English but as a local touch, they had two monkeys translating everything into Cantonese.
After the show, we headed to Tarzan's Tree House. Then we took the Jungle River Cruise.

This is Mike, our cruise director. He was very funny and kind of cute. Hee.
The animals we saw along the river cruise. Not real of course but they looked real enough!
When we got off the boat, we saw Goofy next door. We rushed to take pictures with him; the kids were ecstatic!Next, we went to see Mickey's PhilharMagic. Basically it was a 3D movie, thus the 3D glasses. Hubby took Daria on Cinderella's Carousel. She was fine in the beginning but once the ride started, she got a bit spooked and started crying. To be honest, the carousel spun around rather fast; fortunately it was a short ride and Daria could come back down to safe ground. Heee..apala anak ibu.

My dad then suggested we go on the "It's a small world" ride. Aiseh atok..tak mencabar la. But we all went. Fortunately the line was short due to the fireworks were due in 30 minutes. That damn song is still stuck in my head! Blahhh!It was still a good 15 minutes until the fireworks show so some of us squeezed in a ride on the Space Mountain. I was already too poofed to do anything so I took Dania and Daria for a walk around Tomorrowland. We bought some fridge magnets and took pictures in front of UFO Zone.
Dania: To Infinity and Beyond!
Daria: Yeah..whatever.They made a last announcement for the fireworks so we quickly made our way to the castle. People had already filled up the streets but we managed to get a good view of the fireworks. They were impressive and lasted for 20 minutes.

Once the fireworks ended, we all slowly made our way out of the park. It had been a tiring yet very exciting day, especially for the kids. The next day, we were due to head back to Malaysia, but not before squeezing in another day in Disneyland and more shopping!

Coming soon - Day 5. Disneyland some more..and we head home.