CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Transformers The Movie: My Review

Sorry I've been away for so long; I know, work is such a lame excuse to give for not updating my blog, but it's true!! Weirder still, I don't mind!!


Yes, work is now fun. Sure, I still get stressed by the humongous amount of it all but it's exciting and challenging. No longer do I feel like counting down the minutes until lunchtime or 5.30pm. Hehehe, most of the time it's like "Arghh...4pm already?!!"

Last weekend I did however find time to unwind. 1st thing first, TRANSFORMERS!! We finally watched it, thanks to the free tickets provided by Puteri. After getting "unavailable seats" from all the other cinemas, hubby and I finally dragged ourselves to GSC Klang a.k.a the Dead Zone. Dania was supposed to follow us but she backed out at the last minute. She did however, demand that we take her to see Surf's Up. Puteri, takde tiket free yg tu ke? :D.What did I think of the movie? In one word, EH! It was alright but let's be honest here, it was a typically made-for-boys movie. Big action guns? Check! Fast cars? Check! Hot babes with supermodel-like bods? Check! The US Army? Check! If one of the main characters in the movie is the Secretary of Defence, you can be sure you're not going to be watching a chick flick.

Not that I'm complaining though. The movie had its moments; the scene where the Autobots were trying to hide in the backyard cracked me up but I must say it was Shia LaBeouf who totally carried the movie on his shoulders. He was funny, goofy in a cute kind of way and kind of good looking. He reminded me of Liev Schreiber, the younger version. I would say, watch out Hollywood, Shia is going to be your next leading man. And to think he used to be that goofy brother from Even Stevens. Heeeee...

So did the movie meet my expectations, seeing how I spent much of my childhood watching the cartoons? Yes, it did. Sure, I would have expected a little bit more on character building especially on the Autobots and the Deceptacons but seriously, how many of us were even paying attention to all that Cube crap anyway. Like I said, this was an action movie, all guns blazing. I got a little confused during the final showdown, it got blurry, I couldn't figure out who was fighting who.

All in all, 3 1/2 stars out of 5 for Transformers.

1 comments:

kurbatov said...

Nice work !