CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Disney on Ice - The Review (with lots of pictures!!)

Sorry that my posts have been far and between. I only have time to blog at home and even then, I have to wait until the kids are asleep. If not, they would want to join me in blogging too. Hehehe..

Several posts are due, so I guess I’ll just combine them all in this one. Last, last Monday (the Monday before the last Monday..does that make sense?), I took Dania to see Disney on Ice. We went with my mom, my brother and his girlfriend. The show started around 8.30pm and ended two hours later. Dania had a blast. She was so excited to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

Then Aladdin and Genie came out. The dance performance was superb, especially when all those genies joined hands and did the can-can. Hahaha.

Nemo and the gang were up next, but Dania got a bit scared when the Shark came out. She hid her face behind the hands and wouldn’t take them down until the Shark had skated out from the rink.

Next we had the couple of Disney; Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Snow White and her Prince Charming, Pocahontas and John and Ariel and what’s-his-name from The Little Mermaid. Everything got lovey-dovey for 10 minutes as the couples did their dance routines and skated beautifully with each other.


The gang from Toy Story skated in and Dania’s face lit up when she saw Woody and Buzz.
The toy soldiers were great too. Then we saw the Disney on Ice version of It’s a Small World. Good god, 2 minutes of that tune and I was already going out of my mind.
Thank god we had a hot hula Hawaiian girl, shaking her stuff right in front of us. Hah!! Dania loved it when Goofy lead the marching parade and even shook her booty to the song while stuffing her face with RM10 popcorn.


Pinocchio and Ghepetto (sp?) were up next. Dania, being not familiar with the characters, starting to ask about Mickey and Donald, until the Whale came out. Again, it kind of spooked her coz the Whale was indeed HUGE!!
It wasn’t until Mulan came onto the rink did she take her hands down from her face.

However, it was The Incredibles that Dania was waiting for. Even the theme song got her going.
Edna totally stole the show, her antics got everyone in stitches. Then were Simba and the rest of the lion tribe. Dania got a little anxious looking at the pig; what’s his name…Timun? Poomba?
I’ve forgotten, but she refused to shake his hands after the show was over.

All in all, I think DOI was a very enjoyable show. The seats we got were great, right up front near the rink so we got a great view. However, I did notice that a few parts of the show were too scary for small children. I think children below 4 were too young to understand and enjoy the show. I saw many parents who had to take their kids out because they wouldn’t stop crying. Thank god, I didn’t bring Dina or I would have become one of them.


You know what? I think I’ll stop here and create different entries for my other stories. Later, take care.

2 comments:

Kaklong Syikin said...

wah..seronoknya gi DOI.

mesti depa balik tu pot pet pot pet citer ngan ayahnya ;D

alahai along, saya ni blogging mmg time anak jaga gak.. biasalah mmg kena kacau, esp. si kecik Alia.mcm skrg ni dia duk atas riba saya..mmg kacau tul,kalau letak kat bawah..huaaaa...mcm budk kena pukul. mmg hari2 gini. masa menaip tesis pun camtu gak..

Kaklong Syikin said...

knock..knock..knock..

assalamualaikum..
ada orang kat rmh ? :)