CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 30, 2007

12 Weeks and Counting...

Just came back from yet another hospital stay, this time for 4 days. I checked in on Monday, after vomiting 2 times before 9am. Once was in the doctor's waiting hall, well, luckily I made it in time to the toilet before I barfed everything out.

I had an IV again but this time my hand swelled up and the needle was rather painful. They finally had to take it out on the 3rd day, even though I was still not able to take much fluids orally. I had to mentally challenge myself to drink small sips of juice every 30 minutes, just so I could tell the nurse I had drank something. They calculated everything; how many sips of juice I took, how many spoons of porridge I ate, how much urine I dispelled. I could tell they were still unhappy with my progress but at least during my hospital stay, I didn't vomit once even though I felt nauseous constantly. I spent most of the time lying in bed, trying not to think about vomiting or my swelled up hand.

My doctor gave me another week of MC, making it 5 weeks since I've been to the office. Like anyone cares anyway. I feel so alone. Luckily I have that HG website that I check every time on those rare occasions I can stand sitting in front of the PC.

Hubby and I were suppose to go for our Bandung trip this Sunday. That is so not going to happen. I feel bad for hubby, he had it all planned out. Maybe next time.

12 weeks and counting. God, when will this end?!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the most obvious answer: in 24 weeks's time :D

hang in there. anak itu rezeki, susah masa mengandung, insyaAllah mudah masa bersalin dan membesarkan anak.

Along said...

Joe: To me, labor is no big deal. Yeah, it's DAMN painful but it only lasts like 3 hrs the most. Yg tak tahan is 9 months of not being able to function.
Anak tu rezeki. Betul. Aku rasa rezeki aku setakat ni je lah kot. Body cannot take it anymore.

Halwafy said...

Along, really sorry to hear about your condition. The things women go through :(

Be strong and hope you feel better soon...

nuhaafnan said...

ya allah, besarnya cubaan Allah utk ibu-ibu ni. This is the 1st time i've heard of HG and only now I understand this is more than just hormones and nausea. My wise Tok used to say, "bersabarlah, Insya-allah rahmat anak2 ni berlipatganda drp keperitan kita"

Anonymous said...

it's a trade off, you get tough pregnancy but 'easier' childbirth. shu got 'easy' pregnancy but long labors on both deliveries.

what, lepas ni abang kau kena ikat kah?

Anonymous said...

sabar je laa long..next time ko warded lagi inform aku, aku datang bawak nintendo kasik ilang ko punya bosan..

Kampung Gal said...

Hey Along,
Congrats for the new baby. Sorry to read about your condition. Wish I could say something but then I'm not that experienced in this type of condition.

I baru cek messages on my blog. What do you want to know about the job? Yang ini I boleh share :)

Anyway, sabar and be strong. Ingat Tuhan. I'm sure you can face this.

smush said...

along...

oh u poor, poor thing!!! that's why u shouldn't put the ticker up dear, it kinda reminds u of how much longer it's gonna be... i yang tak de problem being pregnant ni pun kengkadang tu tak sabar nak beranak ini kan u....

i know u've heard this before but it's the only thing i can think of saying, which is.. hang in there... be strong... and all that same stuffs!!

just keep imagining the heavenly smell n feel of a newborn baby n maybe, MAYBE it'll help make things easier!!

*hugs*hugs*

Hot Mama said...

Hey you.. Got your link from Yaya a CBNer. She told me ur a cbner as well.. Yippe! I was there too SPM 93
Anyway i'm also preggy. do keep in touch!
Take care